A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve.
Reporting annual sales of €7.7 billion in 2014, we employ approximately 19,200 people worldwide and operate in close to 50 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in lightweight materials, renewable feedstocks, energy generation and storage, water treatment, electronics and 3D printing.
Starting date: July/August 2016
As Marketing Assistant, you report to the Head of Asia Pacific. Your main accountabilities will be the following:
1) Marketing Assistant for sales/BDI/Market Manager/Business Manager (Priority 1):
- Taylor made presentations to potential customers (Pebax® and Rilsan® and Kynar ® applications, possible uses and main properties).
- Assist the sales network on the first prospection step.
- Market study tools and implementation.
2) Reporting: prepare budget, monthly report, consolidation.
3) Rilsan® Bioplastic/ Pebax® / Kynar® Brand development:
- Design new marketing tools (Pebax® demonstration products & giveaway gifts, sponsoring propositions, brand implantation).
- Promotion and communication on Pebax® (design flyers, posters, Pebax® representation in booth during exhibitions).
- Pebax® promotional stickers supply chain: find manufacturers (printers…) and set up a supply chain following OEMs needs.
- Design end use selling and enduse specification tools and reports for specific markets 1/water filtration 2/photovoltaic 3/Battery
4) Trade show preparation and annual meeting:
- Assist on the Preparation of the Tokyo Plastic show 2016: booth preparation, tools for the sales team (giveaway gifts, poster, Pebax® presentation brochures).
- Annual meeting preparation.
5) Market Studies, market intelligence on all BU technical polymers/markets:
- Electronics, Rubber, Shoes (sports and casual), technical cables, computer accessories, sportswear or any new application for Pebax® material.
- Antistatics (carbone black, non-permanent, etc.)
- Competition activity & benchmarking.
- You are currently studying a Master's Degree or Engineering Degree in Chemistry, Polymers or Material Sciences.
- A Specialized Master in Business or Marketing would be an asset.
- A first experience (internship/apprenticeship) working with Polyamides is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- You have a strong Environmental, Health and Safety awareness.
- Good communication, problem solving skills, proactivity.