Sleek and elegant, the 2022 Blazer is Chevy’s 5-passenger midsize SUV that competes in opposition to competitors such as the Honda Passport and the Hyundai Santa Fe. That is the Chevy SUV to get in case you locate the Traverse too huge or the Equinox too small. The Blazer’s chiseled, Camaro-like styling may be a bonus too.
Not a lot changes for the 2022 Blazer. Maximum notably, Chevrolet eliminated the previous base trim stages — the L and 1LT trims — in addition to the Chevrolet Blazer Engine they got herewith, a 193-horsepower four-cylinder. It is no tremendous loss for the reason that those trims were instead in moderation prepared and the engine changed into underpowered for an SUV of this length. The former 2LT trim is now the Blazer’s access-level trim, that’s what we formerly encouraged anyway.
Chevrolet Blazer Models
The Blazer is a 5-passenger SUV to be had in four trim degrees: 2LT, 3LT, RS, and most excellent. The 2LT, 3LT, and top-rated come trendy with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine (228 horsepower, 258 lb-ft of torque) and a 9-velocity automated transmission. Optionally available on those trims, and preferred on the RS, is a 3.6-liter V6 (308 hp, 270 lb-feet). Front-wheel force is fashionable and all-wheel pressure is non-obligatory for all Blazers.
The base 2LT provides a respectable quantity of well-known equipment which include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 6-speaker audio machine with satellite radio
- 4 USB ports ( USB-A, USB-C)
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android automobile telephone compatibility
- Cruise manage
Safety capabilities as a part of the same old Chevy protection assist package include:
- Forward collision caution (alerts you of a probable collision with the automobile in the front)
- Computerized emergency braking (warns if a front effect is drawing close and applies the brakes if you do not respond in time)
- Lane-keeping help (steers the automobile lower back into its lane if it starts to flow over the lane marker)
- Lane departure caution (signals you if the car drift out of its lane)
Read more:- Used Transmission
Builds at the 2LT’s system with:
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Heated outdoor mirrors
- Electricity liftgate
- Blind-spot reveal (alerts you if a car within the subsequent lane over is for your blind spot)
- Rear pass-visitors alert (warns you if a car behind you is ready to pass your vehicle’s direction at the same time as in opposite)
The RS comes well-known with the V6 engine, plus:
- 20-inch wheels
- Special black grille and black outside trim
- Programmable energy liftgate
- Upgraded touchscreen infotainment with navigation
- One hundred twenty-volt strength port
- Heated guidance wheel
The top-line most appropriate reverts again to the 4-cylinder engine in general and has its very own unique chrome and silver exterior trim. In any other case, it’s prepared much like the RS.
Many capabilities from the better trim ranges can be added to the decrease trims through numerous device applications. Other massive packages consist of:
Sound and Technology package
Available on the 3LT, it consists of:
- 8-inch touchscreen with navigation
- Upgraded 8-speaker Bose audio device
- Virtual rearview reflect (lets you look out the lower back in spite of a totally loaded cargo region)
- Surround-view camera machine (offers you a pinnacle-down view of the Blazer and its surroundings for tight parking conditions)
- 120-volt strength outlet
Enhanced Convenience package
To be had at the RS and the most efficient, it consists of:
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Driver’s seat reminiscence settings
- Upgraded 8-speaker Bose audio machine
- Energy-adjustable steering column
Driver Confidence II package
Adds greater content material to the RS and ultimate trims with:
- Wireless tool charging
- Surround-view digicam device
- Rear digital camera replicate
- LED headlights
- Rear-seat reminder (indicators you to check the rear seat earlier than exiting the vehicle)
- Adaptive cruise management (adjusts pace to preserve a consistent distance among the Blazer and the auto in the front)
- Superior automatic emergency braking (works at better speeds than the standard computerized emergency braking gadget)
Standard and Available Engine Options
Chevrolet is aware that you’ll be wanting lots of overall performance to get you and your family for your vacation spot, even in case you don’t choose one of the upgraded trim stages. Preferred in the L and 1LT trims, the two.5L EcoTec® engine affords 193 horsepower and 188 lb-toes of torque.
Looking for more strength? The 2021 Chevy Blazer gives two additional engine options for drivers to pick from. The first is to be had a 2.0L turbocharged engine packing 227 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. You can count on this engine with the 2LT and 3LT trim tiers.
For maximum energy, select the available three.6L V6 engine with 308 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. This V6 engine is widespread at the RS and most desirable trims and is to be had on the 2LT and 3LT trim levels.
Maximum Towing Capacity
Making plans for a weekend far from civilization? Want to take your favored boat out onto the lake? The 2021 Chevy Blazer gives dazzling towing skills for families that require a powerful automobile. To be exact, the maximum towing capacity of the Blazer is 4,500 kilos when equipped with the available V6 engine and Trailering package deal.